10 Best Destinations in South India that you don’t miss
South India has much more to offer than bare strands and spice colonies. It’s a melting pot of societies, cookeries, traditions, and languages. From honeymooning couples to families, the southern areas of Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Andra Pradesh welcome excursionists with warmth and love. But, of course, there’s a commodity to do for everyone then – water sports for the audacious, backwoods for the dreamers, touring trails for trampers, and panoramic lookouts for nature suckers.
Munnar was founded in the late 1800s and was a favorite of the British Raj elite. Steep, dense, lovely green hills, tea and coffee plantations, and thrilling waterfalls are here. It also features many exposed species, such as the Nilgiri Thar and the Neelakurinji. It also has multiple defended areas for conserving timber and wildlife. The natural beauty of Munnar will take your heart down, and it should be on your list of must-have-see places in South India. Get a sense of the original Kerala culture and food and enjoy being close to nature with scenic views. Take advantage of the handwrought chocolates and shop for exquisite teas and spices!
While the weather in Munnar is excellent all-time through, it outshines with great scenic views after the monsoons.
Key Attractions: Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Anamudi, Tea Museum, Pothamedu View Point, Attukal Waterfall, Nayamakad Waterfall, Kolukkumalai Tea Estate, Chokramudi Peak, and Carmelagiri Elephant Park
- Best Time to Visit: October to May
- Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport.
- Nearest Railway station: Aluva and Ernakulam are the closest railway stations.
There’s absolutely no reason to miss out on Hampi; with multitudinous intricate gemstone-cut temples, fascinating history, and fluently scalable journey routes, Hampi is one of the most stylish destinations in South India. One of the recent developments then has been backpacking.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, an ancient vill in east-central Karnataka, Hampi is a treasure for the rubberneck who basks in the glory of remains. The last capital of one of the topmost Hindu Conglomerates, Vijaynagar, Hampi, is an alluring and witching remains point standing on the banks of the swash Tungabhadra. This antique little heritage city is known worldwide for its mesmerizing architectural remains dating back to the 14th century. Whether it’s the magnific temples, mingled gemstone conformations, sepultures, or old castles, Hampi has a commodity for you in south India during summer.
- Key Attractions -Virupaksha Temple, Matanga Hill, Hemakuta Hill Temple, Vijaya Vitthala Temple, Hampi Architectural Ruins, Achyutaraya Temple, Kadalekalu Ganesha, Saasivekaalu Ganesha, Lotus Mahal, Hazara Rama Temple, and Stone Chariot
- Best Time to Visit -October to February
- The nearest airport – Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore
- The nearest railway station– Hospet Junction.
Pondicherry is one of the few sites in India that represents French culture’s contribution to our history. Pondicherry has homes with teak-columned courtyards and brilliant yellow walls on one side, and Auroville has a tranquil vibe on the other. Its courteous and safe culture and bohemian attitude have made this city one of the best destinations for single travelers to visit in South India. There are also a variety of beaches where you may relax and watch the world go by.
- Key Attractions: Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple, Promenade Beach, Rock Beach, Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, French War Memorial, Bharathi Park, Aayi Mandapam, and Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- Best Time to Visit: Discover more about Pondicherry’s temples from October to March.
- The nearest airport-Pondicherry Airport
- The nearest railway station-Pondicherry Railway Station
The beautiful Alleppey has a calm and relaxed vibe to it. The houseboats in Alleppey let you voyage through new backwaters and defeat the heat with an eye-opening Amazonian view of destination in south India. Along with helping you exfoliate your megacity exhaustion, Alleppey is known for a wide range of original mouth-soddening dishes. There can not be a better way to relax than delighting in some good food while floating lazily in the backwoods. Rent a car in Kochi then for a hassle-free trip experience.
- Key attractions-Alappuzha Beach, Vembanad, Marari Beach, Pathiramanal, Sree Krishna Swamy Temple, Punnamada Lake, Krishnapuram Palace, Basilica of St Mary, Mullakkal Temple, International Coir Museum, and Revi Karunakaran Memorial Museum are significant attractions.
August for boat races.
- best time to visit – from November through February
- The nearest airport- Cochin International Airport
- The nearest railway station – Alappuzha Railway Station.
This area is called the Land of Filter Coffee, with cozy homestays, hidden cascades, and custom-made Kodava wine. Coorg is one of the most beautiful travel Places in South India. Great weather, lush green denes, windy roadways, and beautiful resorts will give one a relaxing escape from metropolis life. Coorg is popularized for its coffee colonies and has some of the most stylish coffee mansions in the country. Even so, there’s further to Coorg than precisely this. One will be overwhelmed with options in this area.
It’s also home to one of the countable Tibetan conventions in Southern India. Apart from sightseeing, there’s a wealth of culture, retail remedies, and flavorful food to be gratified in.
- Key attractions – Abbey Falls, Iruppu Falls, Tadiandamol Peak, Raja’s Seat, Talacauvery, Namdroling Monastery, Nagarhole National Park, Barapole River, Madikeri Fort, Omkareshwara Temple, Gaddige Raja’s Tomb.
- Best Time to Visit-October to March
- The Nearest Airport-Mysore Airport, Mangalore Airport, and Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore
Based on Western Ghats’ stages, Wayanad, with its paddy fields, antique pastoral vibe, beautiful civilization, and convention, is the perfect break from cosmopolis life. A frequent entrant in any south India sightseer places list, Waynad is an attractive destination. The broad geography described in colors of green makes it a complete layover. It allows one to imbibe the crawling culture of rustic South India. Along with the richness in natural beauty and being central to the broadest diversity of greenery and fauna, Wayanad has much further to extend.
- Key Attractions: Banasura Dam, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Edakkal Caves, Chembra Peak, Soochipara Waterfalls, Kuruvadweep, Thirunelli Temple, Kanthanpara Waterfalls, Wayanad Heritage Museum, Neelimala Viewpoint
- Best Time to Visit: October to May
- The nearest airport-Calicut International Airport
- The nearest Railway Station– Kozhikode Railway Station
Its architecture and culture are one of the greatest in the country, and it is often regarded as the Royal City of Karnataka. Chamundi Hills is a renowned tourist destination in Mysore. It is a must-see destinations in south India for travelers, not only because of the Chamundeshwari temple but also because of the panoramic vistas it provides. When you visit the Mysore market, you will be shocked at how well-organized everything is. It’s a sight unlike any other. Sandalwood, silk, and scents of the highest quality are available here. Next, visit the magnificent Mysore Palace. Its beauty is unparalleled. This enormous structure will astound you with its beauty and grandeur. Finally, purchase some Mysore Pak from a nearby shop.
- Key Attractions: Mysore Palace, Mysore Zoo, Kishkindha Moolika Bonsai Garden, Venugopala Swamy Temple, Jaganmohan Palace, Philomena’s Church, Somanathapura Temple, Brindavan Gardens, Chamundeshwari Temple, and Karanji Lake.
- Best Time to Visit: July to February.
- The nearest airport-Mysore Airport
- The nearest railway station-Mysore Junction
Trivandrum, Kerala’s capital city, is a tiny city with a rich history of destinations in South India. This is the entryway to the beaches of Kovalam and Varkala and is spread across low hills. Pilgrims and tourists alike visit the temples here. Trivandrum also has a variety of palaces and museums that honor its heritage via beautifully preserved architecture. Another major tourist attraction is the Trivandrum Zoo. Remember to try the lunch served on plantain leaves while you’re here.
- Key Attractions:- Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Napier Museum, Shankumugham Beach, Kuthira Malika, Trivandrum Zoo, Attukal Temple, Kanakakkunnu Palace, Kowdiar Palace, Koyikkal Palace, Kovalam, and Karikkakom Devi Temple
- Best Time to Visit:- October to February
- The nearest airport- Trivandrum International Airport
- The nearest Railway Station-Thiruvananthapuram Railway Station
Kanyakumari, India’s southernmost tip, is famous for its stunning sunrises and sunsets across the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean, the Bay of Bengal. Kanyakumari is a little town with a significant effect destination in South India. Between these magnificent moments are forts, cathedrals, temples to explore, and paddy fields to shoot. However, a few minutes spent visiting the Vivekananda Rock Memorial may transport you to a completely different planet.
- Key Attractions:- Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Thiruvalluvar Statue, Kanyakumari Beach, Sarvani Shaktipeeth Shri Bhagavathy Temple, Our Lady of Ransom Church, Tricia Sangamam, and Vattakottai Fort.
- Best Time to Visit:- October to February.
- The nearest airport-Trivandrum International Airport
- The nearest railway station-Kanyakumari Railway Station
Chikmagalur, once associated with smuggling adventure stories, is today best renowned for its beauty and ancient place in South India. There’s also the coffee to anticipate. Various picnic areas among the beautiful green plantations will make you forget about the city from which you came. The mountain circuits of Sheethalagiri-Baba Budan Giri-Mullayanagiri entice adventurers. Hebbe and Kalhatti Falls are also nearby.
- Key Attractions: Sharadamba Temple, Kemmangundi, Coffee Museum, Z Point, Hirekolale Lake, Mullayanagiri, Kudurekuha, Hirekolale Lake, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Baba Budangiri, Kallathigiri Falls, and Hebbe Falls
- Best Time to Visit: September to March
- The nearest airport-Mangalore International Airport
- The nearest Railway Station-Chikkamagaluru Railway Station, Kadur, and Hassan
COMBINED TOUR OF UNEXPLORED AND EXPLORED SANCTUARIES IN INDIA
On arrival at Mumbai international airport (BOM) you’ll be met and assisted by our company representative and be transferred to hotel
KARNATAKA & TAMIL NADU PACKAGE
KARNATAKA & TAMIL NADU PACKAGE (BANGALORE-HASSAN-MYSORE-CHENNAI-KANCHEEPURAM-MAHABALIPURAM-PONDICHERRY-CHENNAI)